Who We Are : Our Story

Our Staff Our Location
Our History

HISTORY OF
MCKINNEY-BROWN FUNERAL HOME

• 1950 - Otha L. "Casey" Compton & Virgil Smith begin Compton & Smith Funeral Home in old 2 story house on Factory Street
• 1951 - Ballard Gosser joins the business and the name changes to Gosser & Smith
Funeral Home and then for a short period of time it’s named Gosser Funeral Home after Ballard Gosser buys Mr. Smith’s part of the business
• 1958 - Bobby McKinney joins the business and the name changes to Gosser-McKinney Funeral Home
• 1960 - Earl Burton joins the business and the name changes to McKinney-Burton Funeral Home and the funeral home also moves to its current location on Campbellsville Street
• 1973 - Boyd Brown joins the business and in 1974 the name changes to McKinney-Brown
Funeral Home
• 2004 – Bobby McKinney passes away
• 2006 – Nell McKinney passes away and David McKinney assumes ownership with Boyd Brown
• 2011 - Curt Demrow buys ownership from Boyd Brown and David McKinney