McKinney-Brown Funeral Home & Liberty Monument Company
 
Our History Site Manager: Login   


Home


Obituaries


About Us

Our History
Meet the Staff

Our Facilities


Planning a Funeral


Pre-Planning


Immediate Arrangements


Grief Support


Expressions of Sympathy™


Links


Our History

H ISTORY OF
MCKINNEY-BROWN FUNERAL HOME

• 1950 - Otha L. "Casey" Compton & Virgil Smith begin Compton & Smith Funeral Home in old 2 story house on Factory Street
• 1951 - Ballard Gosser joins the business and the name changes to Gosser & Smith
Funeral Home and then for a short period of time it’s named Gosser Funeral Home after Ballard Gosser buys Mr. Smith’s part of the business
• 1958 - Bobby McKinney joins the business and the name changes to Gosser-McKinney Funeral Home
• 1960 - Earl Burton joins the business and the name changes to McKinney-Burton Funeral Home and the funeral home also moves to its current location on Campbellsville Street
• 1973 - Boyd Brown joins the business and in 1974 the name changes to McKinney-Brown
Funeral Home
• 2004 – Bobby McKinney passes away
• 2006 – Nell McKinney passes away and David McKinney assumes ownership with Boyd Brown
• 2011 - Curt Demrow buys ownership from Boyd Brown and David McKinney



 
Contact Us  ·  Get Directions  ·  Mobile Version
    ©2011-14 McKinney-Brown Funeral Home & Liberty Monument Company    Funeral Home Website by Batesville, Inc.    
 ·  Privacy  ·  Terms of Use